Thursday, July 21, 2011

Health

We are on a carb-free diet. It's my second time, and I can see cutting carbs long term, at least for the evening meals, or just having stuff once a week like we are doing now. Not to say it isn't difficult, because I do sometimes want to snatch the goldfish crackers from the kids, but the numbers on the scale can be very rewarding. It's awful because I really like immediate results when it comes to exercise and weight loss. I have no patience at all. I want to exercise today and see less pounds tomorrow, which isn't realistic. Especially when I tend to reward myself with little treats after exercising. As the pounds drop when I avoid fast carbs, they come back the day after our cheat day. However, it seems at times sufficient to have just meats and slow carbs - veggies. I feel satisfied as long as I don't glimpse warm bread or chocolate, or sometimes a slice of apple (pie and ice cream :).
Finally went for that overdue annual woman's exam. Sheesh, I have a hard time with those - tense up like a log. And the doctor orders a blood test, which I don't deal well with either. The worry is always worse than the actual event. You would think after two kids these things would be a breeze. Good news is that all seems well. Doctor said that I don't have to worry much about family history of heart disease when I don't smoke and hardly drink. She pronounced me very boring medically, which is a good thing. I hate to tell her, but I'm probably very boring on the whole...

No comments:

Post a Comment